May 28 & 29, 2012
Concrete Theatre Artistic Co-Directors Caroline Howarth and Mieko Ouchi would like to welcome actors to audition who have not previously worked for the company, or with whose work they are not familiar or recently familiar (have not auditioned for the company for at least two years previous).
- Two contrasting contemporary monologues, one of which is Canadian. Total time: 10 minutes.
- If you are a singer, you may replace one of the monologues with a song of your choosing. A CD player will be available.
- Please bring a current headshot and resume.
- Concrete Theatre attended Emerge 2012, so please do not sign up for an audition if you participate this year, unless you are being specifically called back.
- Monday, May 28 11:00 am – 8:00 pm, Tuesday, May 29 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Please call Concrete at 780-439-3905 and speak to Irene to book a 20 minute slot.
- Priority will be given to Equity/ACTRA members and registered Apprentices on the 1st day.
- Please check in at our office at Room 6-17, Stanley A. Milner Library Building, 7 Sir Winston Churchill Square in Edmonton prior to your audition and you will be directed to the Audition Room. Our office is on the 6th floor of the downtown public library.
Concrete Theatre is a professional Theatre for Young Audiences (TYA) company whose mandate is to produce artistically excellent, challenging and culturally diverse theatre for young people and their families. Our critically acclaimed and Dora and Sterling award winning productions have included: Under Cover, Routes, The Early Bloomer, Smokescreen, Apples and Oranges, Jeremy Fisher, Nami Namersson, The Viking Who Liked To Name Things, The Shape of a Girl, Offensive Fouls, The Incredible Adventures of Mary Jane Mosquito, The Plum Tree, Lig & Bittle, Are We There Yet?, Rice and Naomi’s Road. We tour productions to Elementary, Junior and Senior High schools in Edmonton and across Alberta. We occasionally do main-stage productions in Edmonton, and tour nationally. Our productions have been presented in theatres and festivals across the country including: The Lorraine Kimsa Theatre for Young People (Toronto), The National Arts Centre (Ottawa), Kids on the Waterfront Festival (Dartmouth, N.S.), Grande Prairie Live Theatre (Grande Prairie), Persephone Theatre (Youth Series) (Saskatoon) and The Grand Theatre (London). Concrete Theatre also produces Sprouts, an annual new play development festival for kids.
Concrete Theatre is a member of the Professional Association of Canadian Theatres (PACT) and engages, under the terms of the Canadian Theatre Agreement, professional artists who are members of Canadian Actors’ Equity Association. Please visit our website in advance for additional information and history about the company. www.concretetheatre.ca