We are looking for part-time actors to fill a role in a children’s theatre performance on addictions prevention at various schools, summer camps and youth centers throughout spring and summer 2012, with a possibility of extension into the fall and winter. Actors with experience doing sketch comedy and improve, and children theatre are most appreciated. Actors with flexible schedule are preferable. Rehearsals are to begin immediately.
Position Title: Actor, Smart Choices: Recognizing Problem Gambling
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop or revise an interactive, educational and fun presentation about gambling geared towards Kindergarten – 12 graders
- Script the presentation, or revise the existing script
- Rehearse the presentation
- Deliver the presentation to schools, camps and community groups
- Develop and deliver pilot drama projects for other target age groups accordingly
- Write a one page synopsis for the Final Report
- Complete all paperwork for payroll, timesheets, etc.
The Ideal Candidate would possess: BA Degree in art majoring drama, theatre, acting, or related field. Experience is an asset. Or College diploma in art or related field with two years of experience, or High school diploma with the minimum of three years relevant experience.
Deadline/Closing Date: Open until the position is filled
Smart Choices: Recognizing Problem Gambling works to educate children and youth about gambling and other addictions and to develop personal strengths and decision making skills. This strategy is based on the understanding that the best way to prevent addictions is to build skills and support systems that increase resiliency and decrease the risk of unhealthy coping mechanisms.
Applicants can drop their resume with cover letter in person at any time during Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 5:00pm to the following address in person, or send by E-mail, mail or fax accordingly to the contact person.