Thanks for your interest – These positions have been filled
Fort Edmonton Park Drama Troupe
Positions: 4 – summer part time – April – September
Work Location – Fort Edmonton Park
Be part of history in the making at Fort Edmonton Park! We are seeking skilled and enthusiastic individuals to bring the dramatic side of Edmonton’s past to life on the 1920s midway, and to use their theatrical experience to provide guidance to other programming staff.
Drama Troupe Members will:
• Provide a dramatic interpretive presence on the 1920s Midway at Fort Edmonton Park using various methods of audience engagement.
• Consult Costumed Historical Interpreters throughout the site on methods of performance, providing feedback on public programming, script-writing, character development and leading workshops.
• Conceptualize, develop and deliver children’s puppet shows, all-audience variety shows, roving character acts, and other productions within historical boundaries.
• Coordinate rehearsals of dramatic productions on the 1920s Midway with Costumed Ride and Games Attendants.
• Perform productions for Special Events and assist in other areas as needed.
• Outline and source appropriate props, costumes, and programs supplies.
• Provide services for rental functions.
• Assist with Midway attractions operations when necessary.
• Attend meetings, collect statistical information and provide reports.
• Be willing to sign a photographic consent form.
• Completion of the 12th grade.
• Enrollment in, or partial completion of, a post secondary program related to performing arts, history, education, recreation and leisure studies, or other educational backgrounds. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
• Extensive experience in theatrical script writing, character development, and all-audience public performance.
• Well developed customer service skills and excellent communication skills.
• Musical experience is an asset.
• Knowledge of Western Canadian history and experience working at a living history museum is considered an asset.
• Knowledge of and ability to use other languages in conversations is an asset.
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR is an asset.
• Applicants may be tested.
A security clearance is a condition of employment. The successful candidate will be required to obtain a Security Clearance letter from the Edmonton Police Services or local RCMP detachment.
HOURS OF WORK: Up to 27 hours per week, Sunday – Saturday. Hours of work may be subject to the terms and conditions of a variable hours of work program. Evening and weekend work is required.
SALARY RANGE: $18.00 (Hourly).
GENERAL: We thank all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity; however, only those candidates considered for the position will be contacted. Posting closes April 13th, 2012. Please apply to Amanda.Bergen@edmonton.ca or drop off your resume at the Administration building at Fort Edmonton Park between 8:30-4:30pm Monday – Friday “Attention: Amanda Bergen”