Vertigo Theatre Society, Calgary, AB seeks a candidate for the following position for the 2012/13 season:
This is a seasonal hourly position which commences August 21, 2012 and terminate June 22, 2013, and works under the direction of the Technical Director. The Playhouse Technician’s primary responsibilities are to provide excellent technical services to users of The Playhouse Theatre and to ensure that the Playhouse venue equipment is properly and safely used. The Playhouse Theatre is a 350 seat proscenium theatre used for Vertigo Mystery productions, YStage Family Series productions, and rental groups.
The successful candidate:
- Possesses excellent sound and lighting technical skills
- Possesses excellent inter-personal, time management, and supervisory skills
- Has experience supervising crews for lighting hangs, focus, sound installs
- Maintains a high quality of work and attention to detail
- Ensures safety of the workplace by adhering to all health, security, and safety policies and procedures
- Is team oriented
- Has up-to-date first aid and WHMIS training
- PAL firearms certification is an asset
• This position includes benefits after an initial three-month wait period.
• This position requires weekend and evening work
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, and the contacts for three references to:
Production & Facility Manager
Applications will be accepted until April 13, 2012, with interviews commencing the week of April 16th. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.