According to their research, Albertans are more likely than other Canadians to participate in many different arts, culture and heritage activities, including:
- Going to museums other than art galleries (40.9% of Albertans vs. 32.7% of all Canadians);
- Attending theatre performances (48.3% of Albertans vs. 44.3% of all Canadians);
- Visiting zoos, aquariums, botanical gardens, planetariums or observatories (50.3% of Albertans vs. 42.3% of all Canadians);
- Visiting conservation areas or nature parks (66.1% of Albertans vs. 57.9% of all Canadians);
- Reading magazines (86.5% of Albertans vs. 82.0% of all Canadians);
- Watching videos (87.1% of Albertans vs. 79.1% of all Canadians);
- Listening to music on CDs, records, etc. (80.8% of Albertans vs. 75.8% of all Canadians); and
- Listening to downloaded music (56.2% of Albertans vs. 50.9% of all Canadians).
The percentage of Albertans participating in the other arts, culture and heritage activities is similar to the Canadian averages.
Click here to download the Alberta provincial profile: Cultural_activities_Alberta2010