Job posting: FREEWILL SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL
Position: Arts Administration Assistant
Duration: 6 weeks, June 18 through July 27, 2012
Answering to the Free Will Players’ General Manager, the Arts Administration Assistant is responsible for general administrative duties relating to daily office operations for the duration of the Freewill Shakespeare Festival.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual who possess a high degree of organization, professional correspondence and communications skills, proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Word, and a general understanding of arts administration and non-profit operations.
- General administration, including acting as first contact for public inquiries during the Festival, as well as liaising with the onsite Festival staff when necessary.
- Daily office filing and reporting from the previous day’s totals at the Park, Tix on the Square liaising, general correspondence with the public, and analysis of box office statistics.
- Development of the Freewill mailing list from information gathered from patrons at the Festival.
- Take group-booking inquiries and provide information on special events during the festival, and liaise with the General Manager on the progress of sales in these areas.
- Assist the publicist with brochure distribution, media contact, and social networking online for the duration of the Festival.
The Arts Administration Assistant will work from the Freewill office (inside the Milner Library). Hours are approximately noon to 5:00 PM, Monday to Friday, for the duration of the Festival, June 18 to July 27, 2012. Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume and a cover lever by April 16, 2012.
Preference will be given to applicants who are returning post-secondary students in an Administrative or Arts related program of study. We thank all candidates who apply in advance, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Send Applications to:
Freewill Shakespeare Festival
618-7 Sir Winston Churchill Square
Edmonton, AB T5J 2V5
OR email [email protected]. No phone calls, please.