The Pumphouse Theatre is now accepting applications for four (4) full time drama instructor positions for the twenty-eighth annual Summer Drama Day Camp.
Drama camp activities include the exploration of acting, improvisation, creative movement, voice, sound, storytelling, and playwriting. The goal of the program is to develop the social interaction and life skills of the participants through creative utilization of theatrical techniques. The instructors also facilitate their students in developing a production, which is performed for friends and family on the final day of camp. Pumphouse Theatre believes in drama education that encourages creativity, freedom, and a healthy sense of play in our youth.
The Drama Instructors will work under the guidance of the Camp Coordinator to assist in program development and be responsible for the overall execution of the curriculum. Instructors will also work closely in a leadership relationship with Camp Counselors.
Potential candidates must be available from 8:00-5:30 Monday to Thursday, and both day and evening on Fridays throughout the summer.
The successful applicants will:
- Possess the ability to supervise and instruct young people between the ages of 8 – 14 and will have had previous experience in this area.
- Have a solid understanding of the creative theatre process and have experience and/or education in this area
- Have had at least one term or semester of a Drama/Theatre class and/or Education class
- Display strong communicative and interpersonal skills
- Be committed to the creative development and the theatrical education of the participants
- Experience with ESL
- Know how to have fun!
- Some experience with the creative use/construction of props, costumes and sets is an asset.
Due to the structure of the employment grants received by the Pumphouse Theatre, applicants who are currently enrolled as University students and are continuing their education in the fall of 2012, or are recent graduates within the last 12 months will have an advantage.
Time commitment is approximately 40 hours per week for 8 weeks, beginning the week of June 18 and continuing through August 10, 2012 (Monday to Friday). The wage is $14.00 an hour.
Please respond with a cover letter and resume to Catie St-Jacques by mail, fax or e-mail by April 26, 2012. For camp descriptions please visit the Drama Class section of our website at www.pumphousetheatre.ca.
No phone calls please. Suitable candidates will be contacted by phone.
2140 Pumphouse Avenue SW T3C 3P5