The Fluid Festival is accepting applications from Alberta artists for the upcoming festival. Fluid Festival dates will take place October 9-21, 2012. Alberta artist programming includes Spark, the Physical Therapy Cabaret, containR, and Shared Bill Programming. Artist fees are provided for all Fluid Festival events. Please look at the Springboard Performance website for more details on Fluid Festival programming.
- Spark features emerging artists. It brings artists from mixed disciplines together for 2-week creative blind dates including mentorship, creation and performance opportunities.
- Physical Therapy Cabaret features creative movers and shakers from all disciplines interested in creating work for an impossibly small stage within a bar context.
- Alberta Showcase (will be presented in 2013 – no showcase for 2012) features mid-career and established Alberta dance artists performing 10-15 minute works for invited guests, presenters and general audiences.
- Shared Bill Programming features 30-40 minute length works presented on a mixed bill.
- containR seeks site specific artistic projects to be created and performed in and around containR, a portable theatre made of shipping containers which celebrates Calgary 2012, interconnected histories and experiences, and the Calgary community.
Application due date: March 31, 2012
Let us know which event you would like to participate in. Include resume, video footage (ideally accessible online), creative team details, project details, and why you want to be involved.
Works featured at the Fluid Festival cannot be programmed at other events in the Calgary area for a period spanning 2 months prior and 2 months post festival presentations.
Applications will be accepted now through March 31.
For those considering applying for Canada Council creation funds, please submit applications to Springboard Performance by March 2 for consideration and preparations of letters of interest to be included with grant proposals.