Please note this submission deadline closes tomorrow – Friday, February 10!
Theatre Calgary is one of Canada’s largest and most successful theatre companies with a mandate to create vital and insightful productions of classic plays from the Canadian and International Repertoire. Reporting to the Director of Sales & Customer Service, the Group Sales Coordinator’s key responsibility is to effectively prospect, market and sell tickets to groups of potential theatre-goers and to foster solid relationships with these groups in order to ensure they not only have outstanding theatre experiences, but become repeat customers of Theatre Calgary.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Including but not limited to the following):
- Responsible for proactively marketing, selling, and booking tickets and/or client events within the Group Sales parameters.
- Responsible for implementing a strategic plan to achieve Group Sales goals and budget objectives through on-going prospecting activities such as cold call solicitations, cultivation of external partnerships, new sales initiatives, networking opportunities, targeted emails, etc..
- Develop and implement ongoing client care and client retention programs.
- Handle all telephone inquiries concerning Group Bookings.
- Responsible for coordinating and implementing all Group Sales mailings.
- Works closely with Marketing Department to ensure all Group Sales marketing requirements are fulfilled.
- Responsible for all administrative details for Group Sales bookings including completing sales agreements and event fulfillment forms, upper lobby reservations, printing and distributing tickets and reconciling all Group sales.
- Facilitate event plans, project scope, special client requests and schedules to ensure all event logistics are properly coordinated. Works closely with Front of House, Production Team, Caterers, etc. to ensure the same.
- Hosts client group functions in Theatre, as required, and as outlined within the Group Sales Events parameters.
- Participates in, and represents Theatre Calgary at, Client Appreciation, Team-building, and/or social events as required.
- Works closely with, and acts as back up to, Single Ticket Sales Team.
- Monitors and tracks group sale inquiries and group ticket sales.
- Monitors, tracks and reports on Group Sales initiatives, sales activities, and achievements.
- Must enjoy working with the public in a variety of capacities
- Must possess the ability to multi-task, work independently, and interact well with a wide range of internal and external clients
- Must be pro-active and creative with excellent customer service skills ( in person, written word, telephone)
- Must be well organized, decisive and have good follow-through skills
- Must be articulate, composed and able to represent Theatre Calgary to the fullest
- Must be computer literate
- Preference will be given to those with prior Tessitura experience but if none, must be willing and capable of becoming fully conversant and competent within a short time frame
- Must cope well with stressful and dynamic situations
- Prior experience in a Group Sales/ Customer Service setting is preferred
- Must be available to work flexible hours as required.
Theatre Calgary offers a full range of benefits and a positive work environment. Salary is commensurate with experience and abilities. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter & resume in confidence to:
Kate Beck, Director of Sales, Theatre Calgary
220 9th Ave. S.E., Calgary T2G 5C4
Theatre Calgary thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.