Stage Management Intern
The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is currently accepting applications for Stage Management Intern for the summer of 2012. The contract would run from May 10th to July 29th, 2012.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with an eye for detail, willingness to learn, ability to smile in a crisis, strong people skills and a passion for being part of something amazing. This unique project is challenging, exciting and life changing. When else will you get to work with a cast of over 200 amazing, mostly, volunteer actors, live animals, a choir in a beautiful natural outdoor amphitheatre and to be a part of a show that over 12 000 people will attend? As the stage management intern you will work closely with the stage manager and assistant stage managers to help make the show and rehearsals run smoothly and easily.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- To be of assistance to the Director and acting company in rehearsals, technical rehearsals and performances.
- To ensure a healthy and safe working environment.
- Assist with the creation and updating of paperwork relating to props and wardrobe.
- Assist the ASM’s to create a smooth and efficient running of the backstage area.
- Cueing actors in various locations throughout out the run of the show.
- We are interested in a individual who enrolled (or will graduate this spring) in a theatre study program with a focus in stage management. Someone who has a background in stage management but wants to experience something new and challenging.
This is an evolving position, so new duties may be assigned as they arise.
Remuneration: Intern Honorarium
The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is one of Canada’s largest outdoor theatrical events. Now in its 19th season, the company annually depicts the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ in dramatic form. An epic story told on an epic scale, this year’s production features a creative retelling of the Gospel of John. The script will be originated by a mixed professional/volunteer cast of approximately 200 actors in a 2700-seat outdoor amphitheatre.
For more information, check out Scott Peters in depth Q2Q article – “A Passionate Secret” – featured in the Winter 2011 edition of All Stages.
Any interested applicants are encouraged to email a resume and cover letter to Ms. Tuled Giovanazzi at email@example.com no later than March 3rd 2012.