The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is currently accepting applications for a Props Master for the summer of 2012. The contract would run from May 1st to July 29th, 2012.
- Build and install prop elements as described in the script, assigned by the Production Manager/Technical Director, and those written into the rehearsal notes by Stage Management.
- Take into consideration the props the script and directors require. These will then need to be design / manufacture for the production.
- Repair and/or rebuild old props as necessary.
- During performances act as running crew and be assigned duties by Stage Management.
- Be responsible for expressing any safety concerns that are observed.
- Help make the running of the show a smooth efficient one.
This is an evolving position, so new duties may be assigned.
The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is one of Canada’s largest outdoor theatrical events. Now in its 19th season, the company annually depicts the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ in dramatic form. An epic story told on an epic scale, this year’s production features a creative retelling of the Gospel of John. The script will be originated by a mixed professional/volunteer cast of approximately 200 actors in a 2700-seat outdoor amphitheatre.
For more information, check out Scott Peters in depth Q2Q article – “A Passionate Secret” – featured in the Winter 2011 edition of All Stages.
Any interested applicants are encouraged to email a resume and cover letter to Ms. Tuled Giovanazzi at email@example.com no later than March 3rd 2012.