Festivals and Events Administration Assistant
Term: (Full-‐time) 1 year contract (following 3 months probationary period)
Responsible to: Executive Director
Salary: $35-‐40k plus benefits
Events Wood Buffalo Job Description:
As a non-profit organization the mandate of Events Wood Buffalo is to deliver major events to the communities within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo that reflect the cultural requirements of one of the fastest growing and most diverse communities in Canada. We have witnessed unprecedented growth in the organizations recent history with an estimated 100,000 people attending events in 2011. Past festival and event productions have included acts such as The Bare Naked Ladies, The Tragically Hip, Kiss, George Canyon, Down With Webster and Reba. Our ever-expanding year round events portfolio currently includes The Three Forts Dog Sled Race, WinterPLAY, Canada Rocks and InterPLAY.
We are looking for an individual that is looking for a challenging position within a fast paced environment who can contribute to the efficient day-to-day administrative operations of the organization and support the work of management and other staff in a professional and courteous manner. The successful candidate is required to anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the team and to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions to enhance organizational effectiveness. Excellent time management skills, attention to detail and the capacity to schedule and set goals, create and implement action plans are a must.
• Answer general phone inquiries in a professional and courteous manner
• Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff member
• Reply to general information requests with accurate information
• Greet visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner
Office and On-site administration
• Provide administrative support to management and other staff
• Sort incoming mail, faxes, and deliveries for distribution
• Prepare and send outgoing faxes, mail, and packages
• Assist with distribution and collection of schedules, signage and invoicing
• Forward incoming general e-mails to the appropriate staff member
• Relay voice mail from the general mailbox to the appropriate staff member
• Data entry and upkeep of the organization’s databases, ensuring a high level of accuracy
• Maintain a presentable and tidy office environment
• Running errands and other tasks as and when required
• Action oriented, self-motivated with a commitment to time lines, personal integrity and team success.
• Good team-working skills and networking skills with a proven ability to work collaboratively with others.
• Solid administrative skills with strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel), database management and the Internet.
• The ability to communicate in English is required.
• Proficiency in the use of office equipment: computer, voice messaging systems, fax, scanner and photocopier
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A diploma, degree or certificate in a related field is essential, followed by a minimum of 2 years working in administration.
Occasional overtime and working weekends and unsocial hours will be required especially during events; compensation will be in the form of time off In-lieu as negotiated with the Executive Director. A current clean full driving licence and use of own vehicle is required.
Please submit your resume and letter of application for the attention of The Executive Director and send to email@example.com
Applicants are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible.
Please state clearly in subject line Festivals and Events Administration Assistant (full-‐time) Position remains open until suitable candidate is found.