Theatre Junction GRAND, Calgary’s culturehouse for contemporary live arts, seeks an experienced Development Manager to lead the fundraising efforts of our adventurous arts organization.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Development Manager will be responsible for generating contributed revenue and providing strategic leadership as it relates to identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors.
• Experience with non-profit fundraising; demonstrated track record raising revenue from individuals, foundations, corporations and public funders
• Knowledge of major Calgary and Alberta sources of funding, including corporations, individuals and foundations
• 3 to 5 years’ experience working in a not-for-profit environment
• Demonstrated effective working relationships with Board, donors and staff in fundraising and other activities
• A passion for the arts and some familiarity with contemporary theatre and dance
• Excellent relational, written and verbal communication skills
• Entrepreneurial, demonstrated initiative
• Ability to strategize, prioritize, organize and follow through in a timely manner
• Ability to work in an open office environment
• Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan and calendar
• Develop and implement strategies to identify, cultivate and solicit, and steward individual, corporate and foundation donors
• Coordinate the Board of Directors’ involvement in cultivating and soliciting donors to support the fundraising plan
• Ensure that fundraising strategies and programs are coordinated with the marketing department
• Supervise the creation and updating of donor records
• Provide office leadership and encourage effective communication
• Attend all productions in the Theatre Junction GRAND season
If you really enjoy developing relationships and helping others make a difference in the arts sector, which we call the “for-society’s-profit” sector, we need to talk!
Please apply with cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Competition will remain open until position is filled.)