The Pumphouse Theatre, one of Calgary’s leading performing arts venues provides affordable, quality rental facilities and box office services to many of Calgary’s performing arts organisations. We are seeking a Box Office / Program Administrator. This is a temporary full-time 1 year maternity leave contract from January 30, 2012 – January 30, 2013.
The Pumphouse is offering a unique and exciting opportunity for an individual who is motivated and self-directed. This position will allow the successful candidate to hone their skills while taking ownership and management of a unique service that contributes to the continued growth and success of the arts in Calgary. We are also pleased to offer our employees a competitive benefits package including extended health care, dental and vacation.
The Box Office Coordinator’s duties and responsibilities include:
– Receive and direct visitors by phone and in person (customer service)
– Receive deliveries, invoices and mail; direct them to the appropriate staff member
– Maintain and update multi-line phone system
– Maintain, clean and organize front desk/box office area and lobby
– Open the front doors at the start of the business day
– Inform staff of visitors and appointments
– Maintain and stock counters and lobby areas with promotional materials
2. Box Office
– Manage and direct all phone, email, and in person ticket orders and inquiries
– Build shows for sale and process all ticket orders via the central box office system
– Be accountable for the balancing of daily box office receipts
– Receive and respond to box office emails
– Prepare and mail out ticket orders, including season tickets
– Provide frontline support and reporting to Promoters of both on and offsite events
3. Program Administration & General Office
– With the Executive Director – coordinate class schedules, locations and staffing of educational programming
– With the Executive Director and Technical Director – coordinate The Calgary Region One Act Play Festival and any other Pumphouse productions
– Process Drama Class registrations and payments, charitable donations, tax receipts and memberships
– Ensure the office is equipped with appropriate supplies.
– Assist in the coordination of publicity for Drama Classes and the One Act Play Festival
– Produce the Pumphouse Playbill and other promotional materials.
– Update the Pumphouse Theatre website
– Perform other duties as assigned for the professional and efficient management of the Box Office and Pumphouse Theatres Society
This is a full time position with occasional evening and weekend work required.
The Ideal Candidate is…
… Imaginative. You are highly focused and flexible with a willingness to learn new skills
… Self-directed. You work independently as well as in a team environment
… Articulate. A strong communicator, you have superior customer service skills
… Educated. You possess a Post-Secondary education in arts or arts management
… Computer Savvy. You are comfortable with basic MS Office software and learning new applications.
… Experienced. While not a requirement, previous box office experience is an asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward a resume and cover letter no later than December 18, 2011 to the attention of:
The Pumphouse wishes to thank all those that apply, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.