Submissions for 2012-2013 Season Request
Do you have an idea for a great show for Walterdale Theatre Associates to produce and that you have always wanted to direct? Now is the time to submit for the 2012-2013 Season.
Please submit the following materials:
- A copy of the script (if you submit the original script, it will be returned to you – photocopies will not be).
- A copy of your theatre résumé, highlighting your directorial experience both with Walterdale and in other theatrical settings.
- A Directorial Proposal (your concept) – including the following:
- Why you think this would be a good show for Walterdale to produce.
- Casting requirements (note: this must not include casting considerations. All casts for Walterdale productions must be selected from auditions).
- What Production Team you would bring with you into the project
- ANY information that might affect budget (e.g. Chorus size for a musical or size of ensemble in a straight play, desire for period dress, rental of special equipment).
What kinds of shows am I looking for? Walterdale must meet the needs of a variety of people. These plays must collectively entertain, encourage and challenge our diverse audience. At this point, the Donor Voted Show will be included as the first show in our season (one of Dracula, Dial ‘M’ for Murder or The Weir) so please take that into consideration.
These are some things that we will be looking for (but not limited to):
- A full-length Canadian script.
- A smaller cast musical.
- Plays with good roles for both men and women, and with a variety of ages (throughout the season, of course).
- Dramas, Comedies, Thrillers, Melodramas, Classics, etc…
- A variety of topics and issues that many different people can relate to or learn from.
If you are new to directing, please contact Sarah Van Tassel, current Artistic Director, at WalterdaleAD53@gmail.com to find out how to become an Assistant Director, or direct a One-Act in our From Cradle to Stage One-Act Festival.
Submissions should be sent to the following:
Sarah Van Tassel, Artistic Director
c/o Walterdale Theatre Associates
10322 – 83rd Avenue NW
Or via email walterdaleAD53@gmail.com