Call for Young Performing Artists (ages 16-21) for Cultural Ambassadors for the Province of Alberta
The Province of Alberta is looking for a small performing arts group (max four members) to represent the Province at the Arctic Winter Games. This troupe/group will travel as part of Team Alberta to this international event in the Yukon, March 4-10, 2012. In addition to performance opportunities, the group will collaborate with other cultural ambassadors to create a gala to be performed at the end of the games. We also need one adult to accompany/chaperone the group.
1. The troupe or group members must be between the ages of 16-21
2. Dance troupes or musical bands would be ideal
3. Group/troupe members should be good at collaborating and working with others
4. All group/troupe members must current reside in Alberta north of the 55th parallel
5. The group/troupe should have approximately 10-20 minutes of repertoire ready to perform.
6. The troupe/group should have available some support materials showing the group in performance (youtube videos are fine)
7. Deadline for application November 28, 2011
The troupe/group will be selected based on demonstrated artistic talent, proficiency, commitment to the creative development of their artistic discipline and the ability to collaborate.
Please contact Barbara Mah, Arts Development Consultant, for details and an application form.
Barbara Mah – Arts Development Consultant
Arts Branch, Alberta Culture and Community Services
P: (780) 415-0306 www.affta.ab.ca