Theatre Network, Edmonton
Theatre Network, Edmonton’s second largest producing Theatre Company, is seeking a dedicated and energetic individual for the full-time position of Venue Manager for the Roxy Theatre on 124th street in Edmonton.
ABOUT THEATRE NETWORK
Theatre Network offers a four-show mainstage season focusing on the finest in contemporary world theatre, and including original commissioned works by Alberta Playwrights. The company hosts Nextfest, a multi-disciplinary festival of emerging professional artists, and presents the Roxy Performance Series, featuring a wide range of professional theatre and other performances at its home, the Roxy Theatre.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Venue Manager will be responsible for managing the box office and front of house staff and duties, including volunteer management, and other administrative duties under the supervision of the General Manager.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
• box office management – processing ticket orders, system management, customer service, gift certificates, tax receipts
• front of house management – ordering supplies, organizing concession, patron services, including health and safety
• volunteer management – recruitment, scheduling, retention, appreciation
• managing the front of house and box office team including scheduling and training
• assisting with day-to day operations of the theatre
Experience with box office systems or cash register systems, customer service, and volunteer management an asset. This position does require strong communication skills, team leadership skills and the ability to work with the public and within a small staff environment. Competent computer skills and organizational skills are a must and a love for the arts would be beneficial.
This is a 35 hr/ week, full-time salaried position including a comprehensive benefits plan and three weeks paid vacation. Some weekend and evening work will be required.
Please send cover letter and resumes to:
Jill Roszell – General Manager
10708 124 Street
Edmonton, Alberta, T5M 0H1
Closing date: November 18th, 2011
We thank everyone who applies, but only candidates selected for an interview will
be contacted. All applications are considered confidential.