The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, has an opening for a full-time
Box Office Assistant Manager
We are looking for an Assistant Box Office Manager who will demonstrate the leadership required to ensure smooth day to day operations within the box office.
- Assisting the Box Office Manager in managing staff and operations to achieve department goals
- Preparing, generating, and disseminating Box Office reports
- Preparing, controlling and administering schedules and departmental paperwork
- Communicating within the department, with patrons, and with other departments as necessary to resolve issues and concerns
- Post secondary education in Business Administration, Arts Management, or a related program is preferred. However, an equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience will also be considered.
- Experience with database management systems is essential. Experience with a computer ticketing system, especially Theatre Manager, would be a definite asset.
- Customer service experience in problem solving, sales, and providing general information.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Experience in, or knowledge of, ticketing operations and standards
- Experience managing staff and handling administrative duties
- General knowledge of marketing and accounting
- Highly organized with a keen ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads
- Ability to problem solve on your feet and quickly determine the best course of action
If you are interested in being considered for this position with a leading theatre company, please email your resume to:
Marianne Bouthillier, Associate Executive Director
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your application but only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.