Manager – Sales Team
If you are an experienced, driven sales manager and have a passion for the arts, this may be the career for you. The Citadel Theatre is looking for a Sales Team Manager to lead and motivate a staff of Ticket Sales Representatives. This is a full-time position.
- Training and managing a team of 5-8 sales representatives to ensure department goals are met.
- Participate in the development and implementation of department goals, objectives, tactics, and priorities as related to all ticket inventory (Season Ticket Packages, Season Samplers, Flex Packs (Super 6 Tix), Corporate Subscription Program).
- Prospect and create new sales opportunities via cold calling, networking, speaking engagements, etc. In addition to supervising reps, the Manager will have adjusted sales targets.
- 30-50 calls per day
- 3-4 face to face meetings per week
- Develop and implement all aspects of ticket sales plan.
- Coordinate extensive inbound/outbound call campaigns including a minimum of 75 daily outbound calls per rep.
- Assist the sales team with outside and inside face to face sales presentations
- Track sales rep performance daily and issue weekly reports (calls, appointments, sales, etc.)
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Adhere to department guidelines in relation to call volume and outside networking opportunities.
- Work closely with Box Office, Guest Relations and Marketing departments to achieve sales and prospecting goals.
- Maintain high level of customer service to existing and new clients of the Citadel Theatre.
- Represent Citadel Theatre at various networking events and/or offsite community events promoting ticket sales.
- Staff Citadel Theatre Outreach Table at performances to meet with prospects and collect new leads.
- Consistently enter client data into Theatre Manager ticketing system throughout the sales process to aid in information sharing between sales and service.
- Maintain accurate records in support of sales efforts as defined by the organization.
- Conduct weekly meetings and role-play sessions with all reps.
- A minimum of two years prior experience in sales, telephone sales, and cold calling.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Proven self-starter, career oriented professional.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed previously established sales objectives.
- Strong management, motivational & organizational skills required.
- Prior management experience with a focus on training and leading a sales team.
- Willingness to work the hours necessary to meet sales goals
- Strong time management, administrative, organization, and customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner.
- High energy and passion; ability to remain focused on sales goals and work independently.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software; (Ticketing system experience is an asset.)
- Ability to handle heavy phone volume, both outbound and inbound
- Applicant must live in the Edmonton area or be willing to relocate at their own expense
Salary: Competitive salary within the not-for-profit sector, plus benefits
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and letter of interest to the attention of:
Marianne Bouthillier, Associate Executive Director
Email [email protected]
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.