Manager – Sales Team
If you are an experienced, driven sales manager and have a passion for the arts, this may be the career for you. The Citadel Theatre is looking for a Sales Team Manager to lead and motivate a staff of Ticket Sales Representatives. This is a full-time position.
- Training and managing a team of 5-8 sales representatives to ensure department goals are met.
- Participate in the development and implementation of department goals, objectives, tactics, and priorities as related to all ticket inventory (Season Ticket Packages, Season Samplers, Flex Packs (Super 6 Tix), Corporate Subscription Program).
- Prospect and create new sales opportunities via cold calling, networking, speaking engagements, etc. In addition to supervising reps, the Manager will have adjusted sales targets.
- 30-50 calls per day
- 3-4 face to face meetings per week
- Develop and implement all aspects of ticket sales plan.
- Coordinate extensive inbound/outbound call campaigns including a minimum of 75 daily outbound calls per rep.
- Assist the sales team with outside and inside face to face sales presentations
- Track sales rep performance daily and issue weekly reports (calls, appointments, sales, etc.)
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Adhere to department guidelines in relation to call volume and outside networking opportunities.
- Work closely with Box Office, Guest Relations and Marketing departments to achieve sales and prospecting goals.
- Maintain high level of customer service to existing and new clients of the Citadel Theatre.
- Represent Citadel Theatre at various networking events and/or offsite community events promoting ticket sales.
- Staff Citadel Theatre Outreach Table at performances to meet with prospects and collect new leads.
- Consistently enter client data into Theatre Manager ticketing system throughout the sales process to aid in information sharing between sales and service.
- Maintain accurate records in support of sales efforts as defined by the organization.
- Conduct weekly meetings and role-play sessions with all reps.
- A minimum of two years prior experience in sales, telephone sales, and cold calling.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Proven self-starter, career oriented professional.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed previously established sales objectives.
- Strong management, motivational & organizational skills required.
- Prior management experience with a focus on training and leading a sales team.
- Willingness to work the hours necessary to meet sales goals
- Strong time management, administrative, organization, and customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner.
- High energy and passion; ability to remain focused on sales goals and work independently.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software; (Ticketing system experience is an asset.)
- Ability to handle heavy phone volume, both outbound and inbound
- Applicant must live in the Edmonton area or be willing to relocate at their own expense
Salary: Competitive salary within the not-for-profit sector, plus benefits
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and letter of interest to the attention of:
Marianne Bouthillier, Associate Executive Director
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.