Assistant Maintenance Manager
The Citadel Theatre is an architectural award-winning building which occupies a full block in the downtown Edmonton Arts District. It houses five performance spaces: the Shoctor Theatre (685 seats), the Maclab Theatre (686 seats), the Rice Theatre (up to 249 seats), the Tucker Amphitheatre, Zeidler Hall and the spectacular Lee Pavilion which includes a lush indoor garden with a 30-foot high waterfall. The Citadel also houses complete production facilities, classrooms, offices, multipurpose rooms, a restaurant and retail spaces. The facility is an integral part of the downtown pedway system and, as such, experiences very high foot traffic.
The Assistant Maintenance Manager will work with the Facility Director and Maintenance Manager to ensure the maintenance and effective operation of the Citadel Theatre.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- General building maintenance (replacing light bulbs, repairing doors, theatre and office furnishings, etc.)
- Supervision of janitorial staff (Bee Clean)
- Monitor and maintain building systems such as HVAC, electrical and mechanical
- Supervision and monitoring of outside contractors
- Prioritizing preventative maintenance
- Ensuring compliance with safety requirements
- Custodial duties
- Monitoring and ordering of janitorial supplies
- Emergency repairs
- Experience maintaining a large facility
- Knowledge of HVAC and plumbing systems
- Good communication skills
- Ability to understand and carry out detailed instructions
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to work as part of a team with a diverse group of people
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Have or be willing to acquire certification/training including rigging and safety, first aid, WHMIS, MSDS safety and storage, and luminaire.
- Computer skills
- Must be available to work weekends and evenings. (The regular working hours will include Saturdays and Sundays.)
Please email your resume to:
Marianne Bouthillier, Associate Executive Director
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your application but only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.