JOB NOTICE – Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Alberta Theatre Projects is one of Canada’s most prolific and successful producers of contemporary theatre. Inspired by three pillars of programming, Alberta Theatre Projects strives to Celebrate Creativity by producing a season of award‐winning contemporary theatre from across Canada and around the globe for the enjoyment of Calgary audiences; to Advance Innovation while playing a national leadership role in the development of new Canadian plays and playwriting talent through the Enbridge playRites Festival of New Canadian Plays; and, to Build Capacity by engaging in collaboration and mentorship, by offering new perspectives and a deeper appreciation to our existing audiences, and by inviting, encouraging and educating new audiences through the delivering of our LEGACY (Lifelong Education and Growth for Artists, Community and Youth) Program.
Alberta Theatre Projects welcomes applications for the position of Marketing and Communications Coordinator; an integral part of the Marketing and Communications Department. Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Director, this position is responsible for:
- Oversee production and distribution of marketing materials including, house programs, annual report, postcards, posters, advertising, show and event signage
- Coordinating production and distribution of a variety of e-communications, and supporting social media channels
- Maintaining the Alberta Theatre Projects website including creation of video content
- Oversee all aspects of Marketing driven Audience engagement events
- Maintaining and updating Marketing and Communications critical path
- Orient and Supervise interns
- Lead Coordinator of the Enbridge playRites Festival of New Canadian Plays industry event “Blitz Weekend”
- Other duties as assigned
He/She will demonstrate strong organizational skills necessary to prioritize and manage concurrent initiatives. He/She will have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation with a demonstrated ability to work independently or within a team. The successful candidate will have an aptitude for computer programs and/or have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, InDesign, iMovie, and CMS systems. Knowledge of the Tessitura CRM system would be an asset. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator, an effective writer and have an eye for detail.
Please ensure your letter of interest and résumé is received by Alberta Theatre Projects by email, mail or facsimile no later than 5:00 PM, Friday, November 11, 2011.
Facsimile: (403) 294-7493
E-mail: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest, please not that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.