Theatre Technician – Grande Prairie Live Theatre
Performs a variety of responsible technical duties associated with the purchase, set-up, operation and maintenance of the community theatre’s light, sound, and rigging equipment; provides technical advice and assistance regarding the use of this equipment; performs related work as required.
Supervision is received from the general manager; some supervisory responsibilities.
1. Provides advise and assistance to theatre groups in the proper set-up and operation of the theatre lighting, sound, and rigging systems. May personally operation lighting, sound, and rigging systems.
2. Either personally or through vendors repairs and maintains lighting, sound, and rigging equipment.
3. Provides advice and assistance purchasing additional or replacement of theatre lighting, sound, and rigging equipment.
4. Ensures the safe and proper use of theatre lighting, and sound equipment.
5. Instructs theatre volunteers in the safe and proper operation of theatre lighting, sound and rigging equipment.
1. Theatre lighting, sound, and rigging equipment.
2. Proper placement and operation of lighting, sound, and rigging to obtain the desired theatrical affect.
3. Lighting, sound and rigging maintenance requirements.
4. Safety regulations/procedures governing the placement/operation of lighting, sound, and rigging.
5. Building and fire code regulations.
6. Knowledge of current audio/visual equipment set-up.
7. Some set construction and theatre carpentry
1. Determine type, placement, and operation of lighting, sound and rigging equipment.
2. Instruct volunteers in the proper and safe operation of lighting, audio and sound.
3. Operate a variety of lighting, audio, and rigging equipment.
4. Advise supervisors regarding the purchase of appropriate lighting, audio and rigging equipment.
5. Perform routine maintenance and repair tasks on lighting, audio and rigging.
6. Maintain appropriate records.
7. Enforce policies and procedures and demonstrate excellent customer relations.
8. Work a variable schedule including night and weekends.
9. Building maintenance items, and snow removal.
10. Any other related duties as assigned by the manager.
Technical degree or significant experience placement/operation of lighting, sound and rigging equipment for stage productions; maintenance and repair of said equipment.
Please send resumes attention to:
Grande Prairie Live Theatre
Grande Prairie, AB T8V 0P6