Front of House Event Staff Shift Leader
Reports to: Event Services Coordinator
The Front of House Event Staff Shift Leader is a casual position within Fringe Theatre Adventures’ (FTA) Operations Department, overseeing operations of the Front of House and bar services for company and client events hosted at the TransAlta Arts Barns. This position works shifts as needed for a minimum of 20 hours per week and must be ProServe certified to work in food and alcohol preparation areas. Sporadic hours, late-nights and weekends are mandatory for this position. Heavy lifting will be required at times.
Duties & Responsibilities
Facility – TransAlta Art Barns
- Assist Events Services with administrative duties when required.
- Reading notes provided by the Event Services Manager or Event Services Coordinator on event details.
- Directing bartenders and Front of House Event staff.
- Ensuring public spaces are clean and presentable prior to clients’ arrival.
- Meeting with clients as they arrive at the facility and, acting as the FTA representative, be available to assist them throughout the duration of each rental.
- Assisting FTA bartenders as necessary.
- Liaising with the Technical staff and coordinating the opening and closing of the House.
- Familiar with traditional theatre protocol and etiquette.
- Providing event reports informing management of any issues.
- Securing the building at the end of events.
- Familiar with emergency procedures and the layout of the building and its supplies.
- Work on ladders is occasionally required.
- Ensuring compliance to AGLC laws.
Fringe Theatre Adventures is an equal opportunity employer. Fringe Theatre Adventures thanks all applicants in advance for their interest in this posting. However, only those applicants considered for this position will be contacted for an interview.
To apply, please submit a current resume and covering letter via email or fax to:
Events Services Coordinator
10330 – 84th Avenue
Edmonton, AB T6E 2G9
Phone: (780) 448-9007