The Calgary International Children’s Festival is a performing arts festival for young audiences; a spirited community celebration of creativity designed to inspire, delight and surprise. The Festival connects us all through story; stories that engage us, spur discussion and invite interactions. It’s about sharing FUN, in the heart of Calgary – Won’t you join us?
In its 26th year, the Calgary International Children’s Festival is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual for the newly created Festival Programmer position.
The successful applicant will have
- A passion and respect for Theatre for oung Audiences and the performing arts;
- A strong network in their community;
- someone who loves to create new connections and to strengthen existing community partnerships;
- Experience in programming a festival or a similar type of compressed, multi-day, multi-disciplinary ;vent
- Desire to work and engage with Festival Staff, Board, Volunteers and other key stakeholders in a team environment;
- A terrific sense of humour;
- the successful candidate is known for their positive, resourceful “yes, let’s” attitude toward life in our community.
Specifically, the Festival Programmer will keenly strive for the continued success of the Festival and should have experience with:
- Successful preparation of grant applications and final reports to funding bodies; including the investigation of new revenue streams.
- Administering contracts with artists (local, national and international) and their representatives from negotiation through payment.
- Tour coordination for artists; creating and sustaining partnerships with other Festivals and artists locally,
nationally and internationally.
- Promoting and advocating for the arts and artistic industries and their missions to all levels of government.
The successful applicant should be highly organized, self-motivated, with a strong ability to meet deadlines; have strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills and be able to multi-task, as well as be:
- Able to build and adhere to strategic budgets that enhance the Festival’s mission and values.
- Keen to travel as required.
- Eager to prepare and present an Annual Report and other reports for the Board of Directors, Festival Staff, and various stakeholders as required.
- Prepared to participate in strategic planning and overall Festival planning.
- Able to attend all Board and general meetings.
- Able participate in ad hoc and planned committees of the board.
- Eager to lead the necessary activities required to host and liaise with visiting artists, delegates and other special guests of the Festival.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, October 14, 2011 or until the position is filled. Early submissions of applications are encouraged. All are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted by email only. Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: FESTIVAL PROGRAMMER APPLICATION 2011.
Salary is commensurate with experience. No phone calls please. This position is being offered as an initial six-month contract starting in early 2012. The Calgary International Children’s Festival thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information about the Festival please visit www.calgarychildfest.org