On The Mic TRAINING PRESENTS :
Commercial/Animation Voice-Over Weekend Workshop with Michael Daingerfield
Michael Daingerfield: Is one of the busiest and most versatile Voice Artists in North America. His voice can be heard around the world, from The USA to Canada, Australia, throughout Europe, Finland, Mexico, Asia and beyond. Over the last 15 years, Michael’s voice has appeared in over a thousand projects in various radio and television commercials, animated series, promos, radio imaging, video games and documentaries.
Currently, Michael’s narrating the third season of the hit tv series “Ice Pilots NWT” for History Television. He also has the following commercial campaigns and animated series running on air: South University, Boston Market, Blue Diamonds Almonds, Marks Work Wearhouse, Access Communications and Triple A; “George of the Jungle”, “PUCCA”, “Shelldon”, “Iron Man”, “Inuyasha” and “Kid Vs. Kat”.
Michael was also just honoured with his 3rd Leo Award Nomination for ‘Best Guest Performance by a Male in a Dramatic Series’ for his Guest Starring role on Smallville.
To watch Michael’s Commercial/Animation Voice-over Video Demos please visit his website: www.mikedaingerfield.com
Workshop Dates: Saturday October 22, Sunday October 23 (2011) 10am – 5pm
All Workshop and Instructor Info: www.onthemictraining.com
Designed for people with ‘none to some’ Voice-Over experience, this comprehensive weekend workshop focuses on the two main avenues of professional voice-over (Commercials and Animation). If you’re interested in starting a new career in Voice-Over, improving your current skills and/or exploring the Voice-Over industry, this workshop is perfect for you. (Participants in this workshop include a mix of people with no experience to people with some professional experience.)
Join a fun-filled, in-depth, in-studio workshop for people interested in working in/or exploring the Voice-Over business. This workshop takes place in a professional setting at a professional studio. While you’re given the full opportunity to be vulnerable as you learn, you’re in a real studio environment, which gives you “the professional feel” for what it’s like to be in the Voice-Over business as a pro. This workshop focuses on maximizing your time On the Mic.
Michael will teach you the art of voice-over using actual Commercial and Animation industry scripts. In the workshop you will:
- Learn in a professional studio, with an industry standard microphone
- Learn Mic technique, studio etiquette and industry terminology
- Learn YOUR voice range, in terms of announcer reads, characters and age
- Learn how to tune your ear and develop consistency in your performance
- Learn script analysis and how it will guide you
- Learn how to perform different styles of reads using your personality
- Learn how to take direction and apply it
- Learn character development and consistency
- Learn about how to put together a winning voice-over demo
- Learn about voice-over Agents and On-line voice-over casting websites
- Learn about what equipment you’ll need to put together a home studio
- Receive all of your recorded work on mp3 or flash drive at the end of the workshop
Go to www.onthemictraining.com, click on the ‘Workshops/Classes’ page to learn more about Commercial/Animation Voice-over Weekend Workshop.
Where: Turnkey Studios, AB – www.turnkeystudios.com
Cost: $500 + GST
To book a spot in the Workshop: Call 604-809-7617 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshop is limited to 8 students!