Alberta Opera, Edmonton, AB
Reporting to Senior Administrative staff, the Tour Coordinator is responsible for the overall organization of Alberta Opera’s tours to schools and theatres in Alberta. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, organizing and maintaining a master touring calendar, preparing contracts, liaising with schools regarding booking requests, administering the tours on a daily basis, communicating with the cast regarding schedules, arranging mail-outs, and preparing tour statistics and reports.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral);
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail;
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Entourage) and comfortable using Apple software;
- Ability to contribute and work effectively as part of a small team;
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work independently;
- Strong time-management skills;
- Enthusiastic and outgoing, able to effectively represent the organization to educators, students, presenters and artists;
- Prior experience working in the arts an asset; a passion for the arts essential!
This is a part-time position; work hours are weekday mornings, 25 hours per week. Salary commensurate with experience. Applications accepted immediately.
Application deadline: October 7, 2011 or until a suitable candidate is found.
Interested candidates can mail, fax or email a cover letter and resume, including references to:
Alberta Opera Hiring Committee
6-30 Stanley Milner Library Bldg
7 Sir Winston Churchill Square
Edmonton, AB T5J 2V5
We thank all applicants, but advise that only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Alberta Opera is committed to employment equity.