The Executive Assistant (EA) will provide support to the Executive Director, Board of Directors and other Directors of the Alberta Ballet, the Artistic Director and to development activities as required.
AS A MEMBER OF THE ALBERTA BALLET TEAM THE EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT PROVIDES LEADERSHIP THAT:
• Demonstrates and models behaviors that reflect and support the strategy of AB
• Communicates the AB mission and values to all stakeholders
• Contributes to excellent inter-departmental communication and interpersonal relations
The Executive Assistant will manage and support the office of the Executive Director and the AB Board of Directors and also support the work of other AB Ballet Directors, the Artistic Director and Development activities as required. The EA will ensure availability to work a flexible schedule in support of the needs of the Executive Director, the Board and its committees. Specifically, the EA is accountable to:
• Execute a range of administrative duties as required to support the daily management of the organization by the Executive Director
• Act as liaison between the Executive Director, Artistic Director, Ballet administration, board of directors, external community stakeholders, sponsors, partners & donors
• Liaise with, and facilitate the needs of, members of the Board and all board committees
• Manage all correspondence and communications on behalf of the Executive Director, the Board and its committees – including committee and board meeting minutes
• Draft, review and edit reports, papers and various correspondence as required
• Maintain a schedule of activities and meetings for the Executive Director
• Manage and maintain all files, and executive AB material
• Provide support to School of Alberta Ballet staff when required
• Maintain a high standard of confidentiality
The Executive Assistant reports to the Executive Director
The ideal Candidate will ideally have experience working at a high level of responsibility in a fast paced organization; the ability and desire to work both as a team member and independently and must be able to multi task on a day to day basis. The candidate must have an outgoing personality and be used to working to deadlines. The position is currently vacant and we will be fastracking all applications.
To apply for this position please e mail your C.V. with cover letter to the Alberta Ballet Executive Director at [email protected].