Theatre Alberta Seeks Fund Development Coordinator
Theatre Alberta is a provincial arts service organization and newly registered charity that proudly represents over 1,100 theatre artists, enthusiasts, students, educators, and community and professional theatre companies from across the province. We are dedicated to encouraging the growth of theatre in Alberta by providing the highest quality programs and services, including:
- workshops and camps for teens and adults, urban and rural
- Canada’s largest independent theatre library
- online audition, employment, and resource sharing services
- what’s on listings for all Alberta theatres
- theatre news, advocacy, and publications
Theatre Alberta is seeking a dynamic and energetic fund development professional who will be responsible for leading the organization’s fundraising activities including:
- the development, execution, and evaluation of a fund development strategy which includes individual and planned giving and corporate sponsorship campaigns
- relationship cultivation and management with individual donors and corporate supporters
- marketing and communication strategies as they relate to fundraising activities
- participation in Theatre Alberta’s overall strategic mission and direction
We are seeking a candidate with demonstrated interest in arts and culture and at least three years experience in the non-profit sector with a fundraising focus. Post-secondary education in fundraising and/or arts administration will be considered an asset. Excellent communication (written and oral) and project management skills combined with a high degree of professionalism and creativity are essential. Due to the nature of Theatre Alberta’s work and programs, some evening/weekend hours and travel will be required.
Hours of work and employment terms are flexible and negotiable to ensure the best possible fit for our organization, commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Position to commence as soon as possible.
By May 24, 2011, please forward your resume with letter of interest highlighting qualifications and expectations in confidence to:
Keri Ekberg, Executive Director
3rd Floor Percy Page Centre
11759 Groat Road
Edmonton AB T5M 3K6
Theatre Alberta thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.