Emerge 2013 will take place on the following dates:
- April 22, 2013: Emerge Edmonton
- April 29, 2013: Emerge Calgary
Fostering relationships between Alberta’s emerging and professional artists
Emerge is an annual audition event held in both Edmonton and Calgary that brings together graduates of Alberta post-secondary acting programs with Alberta’s artistic directors, freelance directors, casting directors, and talent agents. 2013 marks the tenth anniversary of Theatre Alberta’s Emerge event!
Participation in Emerge is by invitation only. Theatre Alberta contacts post-secondary institutions and professional companies/individuals with invitations to participate throughout the year.
Looking to audition at Emerge?
Only post-secondary students graduating in spring 2013 from an Alberta post-secondary professional acting program are allowed to audition at Emerge. Participants are “sponsored” by the faculty at their school. Programs previously involved in Emerge are:
- University of Alberta BFA Acting
- University of Calgary BFA Drama
- University of Lethbridge BFA Dramatic Arts
- Grant MacEwan College Theatre Arts
- Mount Royal College Theatre Performance
- Keyano College Performing Arts – Drama
- Red Deer College Theatre Studies
- Rosebud School of the Arts
- Rocky Mountain College (theatre@rocky)
- Company of Rogues Actors’ Studio
Looking to attend auditions at Emerge?
Only professional and semi-professional artists (directors, casting directors, talent agents, etc.) and managers who are able to hire talent in upcoming seasons are allowed to attend Emerge. If you would like more information about how to attend Emerge please email Michelle Kennedy, Programmer and Emerge Coordinator at email@example.com.