As a registered charity, Theatre Alberta depends on the generosity of like-minded individuals and organizations to bring our valuable programming to all Albertans. Your support means more than ever!
And now we can honour it – by providing you a break on your taxes.
Will my donation make a difference?
Absolutely! We’re proud of the work Theatre Alberta does to support and encourage the growth of the provincial theatre community and we want YOU to be a part of it. Together, we can ensure the continued success of all things theatrical in Alberta.
Your donation to Theatre Alberta helps to:
1. Allow any Alberta teen to attend Artstrek regardless of ability to pay: Artstrek is Theatre Alberta’s most popular educational program; alumni of our annual summer school for teens have described Artstrek as a “life changing experience.” Theatre Alberta strives to ensure that Artstrek is accessible to all Albertans regardless of ability to pay.
2. Maintain Canada’s largest fully-circulating theatre library. Because not everything is available on the Internet. Theatre Alberta’s library is jam-packed with wonderful resources and maintained by our friendly and helpful librarians.
3. Introduce Alberta’s emerging actors to the province’s Artistic Directors at Emerge, and provide ongoing opportunities for skill development at Dramaworks and PlayWorks Ink.
4. Support unique training opportunities for community theatre practitioners across the province through our Workshops by Request program.
5. Keep the provincial theatre community up-to-date and in-the-loop with Theatre Buzz, All Stages, and Classifieds – Alberta’s premiere online theatre listings service.
Is my donation tax deductible?
Yes. Theatre Alberta is now a registered charity so you will receive a tax receipt for your donation. Tax receipts will be issued for all donations of $20 or more. Donors will be recognized in Theatre Buzz and on our website.
Did you know? Albertans receive one of the highest charitable tax credits in Canada – 50% on every dollar donated over $200 annually; 25% for every dollar donated below $200 annually.
How can I make a bigger difference?
Never fear, there are many ways you can increase your donor power and make an even bigger difference.
Employee Matched Giving Program. Ask your employer about gift-matching. Many companies have a program in place to support their employees’ charities of choice.
Give the gift of theatre. On special occasions, instead of a regular gift, consider the gift that keeps on giving by making a donation in their honour to Theatre Alberta. Perfect for the artists in your family!
Tell your family and friends. Let your friends and family know that you support Theatre Alberta and why. You could inspire them to give the gift of theatre, too.
Host a fundraising event. Have fun with a community barbecue, dinner party, local play – and raise money for Theatre Alberta at the same time.
Automatic monthly giving. Show your ongoing support to Theatre Alberta every month with a pre-authorized monthly donation. Payments will automatically come off your credit card for the amount of time you choose.
EVEN MORE WAYS TO DONATE!
DONATE A CAR: In Alberta, you can help Theatre Alberta by donating your car, truck, RV, trailer, boat, motorcycle or even airplane! It’s easy. Just go to www.donatecar.ca and submit your vehicle information. Staff at Donate A Car Canada will then respond with directions of where to take your vehicle in Alberta. Donate A Car Canada will act as your agent to sell your vehicle with the net sale proceeds donated to the charity of your choice. Remember to select Theatre Alberta as the charity of your choice and we’ll send you a valuable tax receipt for the donated amount.
FUEL-UP FOR CASH: Theatre Alberta is a proud member of the Husky Community Rebate Program. Husky supports Theatre Alberta by rebating 2% of your retail purchases at Husky or Mohawk stations and Husky House Restaurants. No strings attached. Ask for your Theatre Alberta/Husky Community Rebate Program card today. It’s free!
100 x 100: We’re looking for 100 people to donate $100. Do that math…that’s a whole lotta money (and love) in support of theatre in Alberta. Round up your friends (virtual or otherwise) and spread the word.
How do I make my donation?
It’s easy. Simply fill out the form below, or call/visit our Theatre Alberta office. You can also donate by mail with your cheque or money order. Please make a cheque payable to:
3rd floor, Percy Page Centre
11759 Groat Road
Edmonton AB T5M 3K6
What if I have more questions?
If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to contact the Theatre Alberta office by phone at 780-422-8162 or toll free at 1-888-422-8160, or you can email Keri Mitchell, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our sincere thanks goes to all of our members who supported our application for designation as a Canadian Charity, and to the staff of Canada Revenue Agency’s Charities Directorate who assisted us with our application. Special thanks go to Marie Gynane-Willis and former Program Coordinator Jana O’Connor for their research and diligence during the application process.