Head of Wardrobe
The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is currently accepting applications for the Head of Wardrobe for the summer of 2012. The contract would run from May 10th to July 29th 2012.
- Assisting in the setup, operation and maintenance of the wardrobe workshop, its costume stock and equipment.
- Under the supervision of the Costume Designer (Deborah Lawton), select and assign existing costume stock to specific actors.
- Design and shop for new costume elements.
- Conduct costume fittings of cast members and crew.
- Oversee the construction, alteration, and repair of costume stock, including collaboration with the Stitchers to assure the aforementioned is completed in a timely manner.
- Oversee management of costume preset, dressing, and quick-changes at dress rehearsals and performances as required by stage management.
- Oversee Wardrobe Staff in regards laundering of costumes for principle actors during dress rehearsals and performances.
- Collaborate with Stage management as to the return of Summer School costumes.
- Oversee pack up and winter storage of costume stock and wardrobe department equipment.
- Supervise the Wardrobe Staff to maintain efficient functioning of the wardrobe department.
- Other duties as may be required for the smooth operation of the wardrobe department.
The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is one of Canada’s largest outdoor theatrical events. Now in its 19th season, the company annually depicts the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ in dramatic form. An epic story told on an epic scale, this year’s production features a creative retelling of the Gospel of John. The script will be originated by a mixed professional/volunteer cast of approximately 200 actors in a 2700-seat outdoor amphitheatre.
Any interested applicants are encouraged to email a resume and cover letter to Ms. Tuled Giovanazzi at email@example.com no later than March 3rd 2012.