As many Walterdale members know, we lost three of our members this summer: Richard Winnick, Daisy Wilson and Wendi Pope.
Services and memorials have already taken place for Richard and Daisy.
A memorial service for Wendi Pope is scheduled for:
Date: Sunday, October 9th
Time: 10:30 AM
Location: Walterdale Playhouse (10322 83 AVE)
All Walterdale members are welcome to join in this celebration of Wendi’s life.
The doors to the theatre will be open at 9:45 AM and will be locked during the service.
For more information, please contact:
Office Hours: 9am-2pm, T-W-Th
Office Phone: 780.439.3058
Info Line: 780.439.2845
Northern Light Theatre presents CLASSY DAMES FUNDRAISER on Wednesday, October 12. Drop in anytime between 5:30 pm- 9:00 pm at the C’est Sera Boutique (8239 104 Street) for an exclusive evening filled with fashion and fun!
Here’s a little more about the event:
Located just off Whyte Avenue, C’est Sera is a local boutique that specializes in Canadian designers such as Tension, Sweet Chemise, Dex, Iris and Tivan & Mitto. They also carry amazing European brands such as Stills, Not the Same, Nougat, Solola, Margit Brand, and Zokai, plus classic designs from Micheal Kors, Kenneth Cole and Lilliblue. To add a little bit of fun and flare to your wardrobe, you will also find great pieces from SuperTrash, BB Dakota and Blend.
And though the name Classy Dames may suggest this is a female-only occasion, C’est Sera boasts a large compliment of classy gent clothing as well- from stylish suits to top end men’s casual wear.
During this fun evening event, the Boutique will be closed to the public so you can have the full attention of C’est Sera style experts who will show you what is hot for Fall in the Boutique and help you find the perfect style and fit that’s right for you. Our makeup artist will give you a fresh new look. Appetizers and wine will be served so you can shop in luxury. Come in any time you like between 5:30pm and 9:00pm and enjoy!
October 12, 2011
C’est Sera – 8239 104 Street
Space is very limited for this event, call Northern Light Theatre to book tickets at (780) 471-1586.
Mob Hit Productions is seeking male and female dancers aged 18+ to audition for the upcoming original work “Broken.”
Auditions are scheduled for:
Saturday October 15th from 1pm – 4pm
Please note, callbacks (if needed) will be scheduled the following morning, October 16th.
Auditions will be held at:
The Arrata Opera Centre
1315 7 Street SW East Entrance
Dance auditions will consist of an interview and group dance audition.
To submit for an audition please send your resume and headshot with a short cover letter to:
Cassandra Uhlenberg at email@example.com.
Please note only those selected for an audition will be contacted and only Non-Equity actors will be seen..
For more information about Mob Hit Productions please visit www.thisisamobhit.com.
Mob Hit Productions is seeking male and female performers aged 18+ to audition for the upcoming original works “Project Z” and “I Don’t.”
Auditions are scheduled for:
Saturday October 15th from 9am – 1pm
Please note, callbacks will be scheduled the following afternoon, October 16th
Auditions will be held at:
The Arrata Opera Centre
1315 7 Street SW
Actors are asked to prepare:
• Two contrasting monologues of the actor’s choosing
• Actors are asked to bring a copy of their resume and headshot
To submit for a GENERAL AUDITION please send your resume and headshot with a short cover letter to
John Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note only those selected for an audition will be contacted and only Non-Equity actors will be seen.
For more information about Mob Hit Productions or the shows posted please visit www.thisisamobhit.com
CASTING CALL for non-profit educational video
Seeking cast for a variety of roles:
Adult Male, age 45+ for Lead Role
Adults (male/female), ages 25+
Kids (girls/boys), ages 7-13
Great opportunity for experience, fun and professional growth.
Honorarium may be provided to those with speaking roles and experience.
* Everyone is encouraged to apply. Headshots not necessary. *
Auditions to take place:
Sunday, October 2nd
Location – Calgary (tba)
Filming is scheduled for one to two days (depending on role) during the weekend of October 14-16.
To apply for audition time, please reply to this AD or the email address below, providing:
1. Your name, gender and age
2. Headshot if available
3. Acting history or experience
Reply to: email@example.com
Thank you very much for your time and interest.
*** Please note, this role has now been filled. Thank you for your interest.
Songs For A New World (Edmonton) Presented by PowerHouse Performance Co.
Indie Theatre company (PowerHouse) is looking for the final cast member of their upcoming production of Jason Robert Brown’s Songs For A New World. This production will be co-directed by Sarah Horsman (CCPA) and Adrianne Salmon (Grant MacEwan, RSAMD).
We are seeking out our last male actor (sorry ladies). We are looking for someone who:
- can pick up music quickly
- has a bari-tenor range
- is willing to prepare independently and come to rehearsals ready to work/play
Rehearsals will be held throughout October.
Schedule is TBA.
Performances will be at the Carriage House Theatre in Cardston AB from November 8-12, 2011. Cast will be required to be in Cardston starting on November 6 and we will be traveling back on the 13th.
This will be a box office shared production. Accommodations and travel expenses will be
If interested please submit resume and headshot to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to e-mail or call Sarah at (780)224-1585 with any questions.
Call for Registrations:
Winter Theatre Arts Workshops at The Banff Centre
The Banff Puppet Theatre Intensive
Presented by The Old Trout Puppet Workshop
Program dates: January 2 – 16, 2012
Registration deadline: October 31, 2011
Engage in a variety of all-things-puppet – from set and puppet design to scripting the silent narrative, collaborative directing, and manipulation of puppets, all under the mentorship of Old Trouts creative guru, Pete Balkwill.
Banff Circus Workshop
Program dates: January 2 – 7, 2012
Registration deadline: November 25, 2011
Led by Cirque du Monde (a division of Cirque du Soleil) master instructor and trainer Marsha Kennington, this high flying, adrenaline pumping introductory workshop is designed for actors, dancers, and anyone wanting to indulge their dreams – learn skills in aerial trapeze, acrobatics, juggling, and more.
The Calgary International Children’s Festival is a performing arts festival for young audiences; a spirited community celebration of creativity designed to inspire, delight and surprise. The Festival connects us all through story; stories that engage us, spur discussion and invite interactions. It’s about sharing FUN, in the heart of Calgary – Won’t you join us?
In its 26th year, the Calgary International Children’s Festival is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual for the newly created Festival Programmer position.
The successful applicant will have
- A passion and respect for Theatre for oung Audiences and the performing arts;
- A strong network in their community;
- someone who loves to create new connections and to strengthen existing community partnerships;
- Experience in programming a festival or a similar type of compressed, multi-day, multi-disciplinary ;vent
- Desire to work and engage with Festival Staff, Board, Volunteers and other key stakeholders in a team environment;
- A terrific sense of humour;
- the successful candidate is known for their positive, resourceful “yes, let’s” attitude toward life in our community.
Specifically, the Festival Programmer will keenly strive for the continued success of the Festival and should have experience with:
- Successful preparation of grant applications and final reports to funding bodies; including the investigation of new revenue streams.
- Administering contracts with artists (local, national and international) and their representatives from negotiation through payment.
- Tour coordination for artists; creating and sustaining partnerships with other Festivals and artists locally,
nationally and internationally.
- Promoting and advocating for the arts and artistic industries and their missions to all levels of government.
The successful applicant should be highly organized, self-motivated, with a strong ability to meet deadlines; have strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills and be able to multi-task, as well as be:
- Able to build and adhere to strategic budgets that enhance the Festival’s mission and values.
- Keen to travel as required.
- Eager to prepare and present an Annual Report and other reports for the Board of Directors, Festival Staff, and various stakeholders as required.
- Prepared to participate in strategic planning and overall Festival planning.
- Able to attend all Board and general meetings.
- Able participate in ad hoc and planned committees of the board.
- Eager to lead the necessary activities required to host and liaise with visiting artists, delegates and other special guests of the Festival.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, October 14, 2011 or until the position is filled. Early submissions of applications are encouraged. All are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted by email only. Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject heading: FESTIVAL PROGRAMMER APPLICATION 2011.
Salary is commensurate with experience. No phone calls please. This position is being offered as an initial six-month contract starting in early 2012. The Calgary International Children’s Festival thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information about the Festival please visit www.calgarychildfest.org
Canadian Institute for Theatre Technology (CITT)
Annual General Meeting
October 1, 2011 - 10 am
Grant MacEwan University, Centre for the Arts, Room 230
10045 156 Street
Please attend to see what is on the Calendar for the 2011/2012 fiscal season and to provide your input into future programming and direction.
The AGM is open to all individuals or organizations working in the entertainment arts, however voting privileges can only be exercised by current CITT Members or their Proxy (written).
Address: 10045 156 St. Edmonton - It’s a big orange building, you can’t miss it.
From South: Highway 2 to Whitemud west, take 149 St exit north to 100 Ave west to 155 St.
From East or West: Yellowhead to 170 St south to 100 Ave, east to 155 St.
$ Parking available in parkade which is accessed from the alley running between 155 and 156 St just south of Stony Plain Rd (101 Ave). or park on surface streets.
For more information, please visit the CITT website.
Alberta Ballet is seeking a Box Office Supervisor for their Calgary office.
Reporting to the Box Office Manager, the successful candidate will possess a minimum of two years experience in a primary customer service role, excellent computer skills, and will be an excellent verbal and written communicator.
The position is full-time year-round with extended health benefits and paid vacation. Compensation to commensurate with experience.
• Advise Box Office Manager in the development, promotion and implementation of sound policies and objectives for the department
• Maintain Tessitura database, complimenting other departments with preparation of reports
• Schedule and supervise part-time Box Office representatives
• Reconciliation of bank deposits and batch headers
• Supervise media & guest ticket pickup tables and troubleshooting at evening performances.
Ideal Candidates possess experience and knowledge of a ticketing system such as Tessitura, Theatre Manager, Ticketmaster, Select-a-Seat, or Airline Reservation software.
See albertaballet.com for more information about this position.
Email your resumé with cover letter by Thursday March 31 to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail by post to:
341 17th Ave SW
Calgary AB T2S 0A5