Urban Curvz Theatre is seeking a new Management Team.
Urban Curvz Theatre is seeking submissions from visionary and innovative individuals or groups of individuals to lead the company in the next stage of its administrative and artistic growth.
Urban Curvz was founded in 2005 with the goal of creating more professional productions that could provide female artists, both emerging and established, with engaging artistic opportunities. Urban Curvz’ mandate is to invest in and celebrate women’s perspectives, stories and experiences through the art of theatre and to advocate for an artistic ecology that recognizes the bravery and excellence of its female contributors. The company produces bold, award winning, and critically acclaimed theatrical work.
The Management Team will report to the Board of Directors and share leadership of the daily operations of the company. The structuring of roles (For Example: Artistic Producer, Managing Producer, Co-Artistic Producers) will be dependent on the qualifications of the individuals selected.
The incoming management team will work with the outgoing management team (Ann Galbraith and Jacqueline Russell) to ensure a smooth transition period for the organization.
Duties and responsibilities of the Management Team include:
- Program and produce the annual Girls Gone Wilde Festival.
- Work in collaboration with the board to move the company’s long term strategic plan forward
Responsible for the financial, administrative, promotional, audience development and general management of the organization.
- Oversee all box office, audience development, marketing, public relations, and community outreach initiatives.
- Participate in the development of artistic plans (annual and multi-year) to ensure the overarching objectives are represented.
- Manage contracts and agreements for the business of the organization; includes leases, performance, insurance and act as the liaison with unions and related professional organizations to ensure industry standards are maintained.
- Apply for grant applications, and report to both public and private partners.
- Work in partnership with the Board to plan, execute, and evaluate all fundraising activities
As the ideal candidate:
- You have strong, confident, and compassionate communication skills and are adept at working with a variety of stakeholders.
- You believe honest and sincere collaboration is a most valued quality.
- You have leadership/management experience.
- You pay attention to deadlines and are detail oriented.
- You have a passion for administration, logistics, business, and guiding an exceptional group of people through annual planning processes.
- You understand the importance of strategic planning and how good governance relates to administration and operations.
- You have experience and knowledge of marketing, advertising, and public relations activities, particularly as they relate to growing ticket and other earned income revenue.
- You have experience producing theatre.
- You are passionate about equity, diversity, feminism and theatre.
Past experience in not-for-profit arts administration is preferable but not required.
This is a part time position (10-15 hours/week) with flexible work hours.
How to Apply:
Position to commence on September 1, 2015 at the latest
Interested candidates are invited to email their résumé with a covering letter to:
Managing Team Search Committee
c/o Laura Parken
The deadline for receipt of applications is June 12, 2015.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in Urban Curvz Theatre, however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
To learn more about Urban Curvz Theatre, click here.